Published on: Tuesday, May 29, 2012
How Recruiters Will Find You
Put down the mouse and get out of your house. Or, at least spend more time meeting people than you do responding to online job postings. Recruiters revealed in ExecuNet's 20th annual Executive Job Market Intelligence Report
which activities yield the highest ROI for candidate sourcing, and various forms of networking came out on top.
When we asked executive recruiters to break "networking" down, here's how they ranked where they were spending the most time finding top executive talent:
Let us know what networking activities have been effective for you!
- Referrals: Ensure you are connected to others who are aware of your strengths.
- Networking online: Be visible in the right places and helpful to others.
- Personal candidate prospect file: Establish a relationship by becoming a source to recruiters before you need something from them.
- Social networking sites: Complete profiles with keywords, and make sure the unique value you bring to an organization is established.
- Networking face-to-face: Sometimes there is no substitute for a friendly face, a good handshake or shared cup of coffee.
Robyn Greenspan is ExecuNet's Chief Content Officer, where she is responsible for setting and driving the editorial content engagement strategy across the private business network's publications and expert-led programming. She is also a Huffington Post blogger. You can follow her on Twitter @RobynGreenspan